GUIDELINES FOR YOUNG HOTELIER AWARDS ASEAN 2019
I. Organization Scale
YOUNG HOTELIER AWARDS ASEAN 2019 will be organized throughout the entire Southeast Asian region.
- Qualifying Round: April 12, 2019 to May 31, 2019
- Semi-final Round: June 19, 2019 to July 19, 2019
- Final Round: July 19, 2019 to August 8, 2019
II. Eligibility – Form & Formats
1. Eligibility: You are eligible for the competition if:
- You are a citizen from countries in the ASEAN community;
- You are a student or fresh graduate of 16-25 years old at the time of enrolment at high schools, vocational schools, colleges, or universities.
- You enroll as a group of three;
- You enroll online through main media channels of the competition (website);
- Your degree is related to any field of study
2. Forms and formats
- Enroll as a group of three
- Different formats: Business model canvas, project presentation, and video, and project pitching
- Language of the context: English for all three rounds
III. Competition guidelines
1 Qualifying round (12/04/2019 – 31/05/2019)
– Register and submit your idea description at our official website: https://yha.hospitality.edu.vn/
– Your submissions need to express ideas and initiatives in one of these three main fields:
- Food and Beverage, Restaurant and Hospitality
- Technology in Tourism and Hospitality
– Specifically, ideas and initiatives can focus on:
- Applying technology in Tourism and Hospitality as well as improving management and customer service;
- Designing tourism programs and reinforcing experiences at tourist attractions;
- Starting up businesses and innovation in the Tourism and Hospitality industry;
- Developing and commercializing souvenirs and tourism products;
- Connecting, managing, and developing human resources;
- Managing tourism;
- Improving social impact;
- Designing Innovative business models in tourism;
– Each group submits a concise idea description (max. 200 words, size 13, Times New Roman, PDF format) through the website https://yha.hospitality.edu.vn/
– 30 best groups will be selected for the next round, and applications are chosen based on these following criteria:
- Value of ideas
- Presentation method
♦ Important notes
– Contestants will receive a confirmation letter no later than 48 hours after their product submission. If contestants do not receive any response, please contact the Organizing Committee. In case of inaccessibility to the website, please send your product via firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Team name – School/ Place of Work – Project name
– Application accepted from 11:59 p.m April 11, 2019 to 11:59 p.m May 31, 2019.
– Results announced: 8:00 a.m June 19, 2019
2. Semi-final round (19/06 – 19/07)
– Contestants must submit a presentation and a video through the program’s official website and call for online votes. The video can be in various forms, such as audio, infographic, pictures, slides, music video, etc.
– The presentation must not exceed 200 words, with size 13, font Times New Roman to demonstrate the idea in the most concise, persuasive, and creative way.
– Submit the products at https://yha.hospitality.edu.vn/
– Semi-final products will be publicized on the competition’s fanpage and official website to call for votes. The final points will be calculated based on the number of votes and judges’ evaluation.
2.2 Video requirements
– Duration: Must not exceed 5 minutes.
– Format video: flv, mp4, wmv or mpeg.
– Minimum resolution: 640px x 480px. Contestants should ensure the quality of pictures and sound.
– Language: English
– Each team will upload their video to Google Drive and send their product to the program’s official website (https://yha.hospitality.edu.vn/). Please notice to change the privacy settings to “Public on the web”. In case any team cannot get access to the website, send the video link via email@example.com.
– Application includes:
- Name of the team
- Name of the project
- 01 brief description of the project (including names of all 3 members, school, class, province/ city, phone number, address, personal emails)
- 01 video
- 01 Presentation file
♦ Important notes:
– Once contestants have submitted their product, they will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. If there are any teams who do not receive any response to their registration within this period, please contact the Organizing Committee.
– Any teams do not comply with all content restrictions and contest guidelines will be immediately eliminated and receive an announcement email.
2.4 Calling for online votes & Scoring system
– After the period of video submission is over, the Organizing Committee will publicize the video of each team on Facebook/ Youtube and the official website of YHA ASEAN 2019.
– Each team will call for votes by asking fans to use their personal account and like/share/comment directly below their favorite video.
Points are calculated as below:
- 01 like = 1 point
- 01 share = 2 points
- 01 comment = 1 point (Meaningful comments, not those that contain only a full stop, comma, with no or inappropriate content)
The Organizing Committee will select the best 08 groups for the final round based on 70% points from the judges and 30% points from the number of votes.
Comments with one of the following features are not eligible:
- Use tricks to increase interactions; abnormal change in the number of likes, shares or comments; most of the accounts showing little to no activities for a long period of time.
- Contain vulgar language and material that promotes prejudice, hatred, or harm against any culture groups in Vietnam and around the world. Organizing Committee reserves all rights to decide whether a comment is appropriate or not.
- The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to eliminate any team if doubting that the team is not honest in the Second Round (semi-final) as well as during the competition.
- The presentation and video can be uploaded starting from 11:59 pm on June 19th, 2019 to 11:59 pm on July 5th, 2019.
- Online voting will commence from 11:59 pm on July 5th, 2019 to 9 pm on July 16th, 2019
3. Final round
Idea pitching and debate.
3.1 Contest entries:
Teams will use the presentation in Round 2 (Semi-Final) to give a presentation in the final.
3.2 Exam format: Live in Ho Chi Minh City.
– Part 1: The participated teams will have to give presentations (by using PowerPoint, Prezi, video, pictures, etc.) and protect their ideas in the final round. Duration per team: 05 minutes and 01 more minutes of video clips (if any) outside 05 minutes of the presentation.
– Part 2: The judges, consultants, and business representatives question each team after the presentation. Maximum duration per team: 15 minutes.
– After Part 2, the Organizing Committee will announce the evaluation results and select the teams to award the first, second, third and other prizes.
– Time and location for the Final Round will be announced later.
3.5 Score system:
The judges will rely on the performance of the teams in both sections to give the final score.
4. Terms and conditions
- Ideas and initiatives must be original. The teams must be solely responsible and ensure that they do not violate any intellectual property rights and do not allow any dispute, or complaint regarding the ideas or initiatives. If the above-mentioned situation occurs, the Organizing Committee bears no responsibility and at the same time have the right to exclude the team of related contestants from the competition at any time and revoke the prizes (if any).
- Entries of contestants must not contain content that violates the Vietnamese fine customs and other countries in the world; content that offends, defames, slanders, or incites political purposes, racism; content that is religious, blasphemous, disruptive, intimidating or violating the law.
- The contestants agree that the Organizing Committee will be entitled to transmit, display, publish entries and use the provided personal information and images of the contestants, in any form, by any means, at any time, unlimited on online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, to promote promotional activities for Young Hotelier Awards and/ or projects of Vietnam Hospitality Network.
- The contestants will be sponsored by the Organizing Committee with travel expenses and accommodation expenses during the Final Round.
- The Organizing Committee has full rights to deduct personal income tax for winners, in accordance with the Vietnamese law. The teams with prizes are responsible for dividing the prize value (remaining after deducting personal income tax, if any) between the team members.
- Persons who are not entitled to participate in the competition include Relatives (siblings, children, grandchildren of members of the judges), and management personnel of the competition.
- When there is a dispute or complaint between the participated teams or between the contestants, the Organizing Committee is the party with the right to make the final decision.
- Depending on the requirements of each round, the Organizing Committee will decide the number of judges.
- In the event that the Organizing Committee detects any fraud in the competition process in any way, the relevant contestants will be removed immediately from the competition by the Organizing Committee and revoke the prizes (if any).
- The Organizing Committee reserves all rights to update and edit the contest rules with announcements to all the teams.